[ZODB-Dev] Lazy Instantiation

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 19:43:03 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>   a.child == None
>
> will because equality comparison will attempt to access
> methods on the child, which will cause it's activation.

Why would it unghost the object? If it is already instantiated it
already has all the magic methods that it needs for == , I was in the
impression that the dictionary would only be loaded if any of the
magic methods tried to access a property on the object. Is this to
support overriding methods on objects after instantiation (like
manually messing around with an objects __dict__)?

I tried to read the source of ZODB (to think in what way could it be
ported to pypy) but I didn't get very far.

--
Leonardo Santagada