[ZODB-Dev] ReadConflictErrors with ZODB3.10.1 and Relstorage 1.4.1

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Wed Jan 26 16:20:35 EST 2011

 On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:08:14 -0700, Shane Hathaway
 <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> On 01/26/2011 05:29 AM, Jürgen Herrmann wrote:
>>   _readCurrent
>>   is obviously reused and not cleared at transaction boundaries, is
>> that
>>   expected?):
>
> No!  Thanks for the great analysis.  This insight is key.
>
> RelStorage has a monkey patch of the Connection.sync() method, which
> has not changed in a long time, so the monkey patch seemed safe
> enough. Well, sync() changed in ZODB 3.10, but the monkey patch
> didn't
> change along with it.  Sigh... sorry.
>
> I've checked in a fix in Subversion.  Please try it out.  I need to
> look at the possible pack issue recently reported before we make a
> release.
>
> Shane

 as of now the zope2 daemon has been running for a little over 5h with
 no read conflict errors, looking good...

 is the suspected packing bug only affecting 1.5.x or also 1.4? i
 upgraded
 to the trunk version now, should i stop packing until it's
 tested/released?

--
>> XLhost.de ® - Webspace von supersmall bis eXtra Large <<

 XLhost.de GmbH
 Jürgen Herrmann, Geschäftsführer
 Boelckestrasse 21, 93051 Regensburg, Germany

 Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Herrmann
 Registriert unter: HRB9918
 Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE245931218

 Fon:  +49 (0)800 XLHOSTDE [0800 95467833]
 Fax:  +49 (0)800 95467830
 Web:  http://www.XLhost.de