[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage pack with history-free storage results in POSKeyErrors

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 16:54:52 EST 2011

On 26/01/2011 21:05, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> On 01/26/2011 11:52 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
>> On 26/01/2011 14:08, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>>> I've checked in a fix in Subversion. Please try it out. I need to look
>>> at the possible pack issue recently reported before we make a release.
>>
>> Where is this pack issue documented/discussed?
>
> See the discussion here with Anton Stonor. We are still only
> hypothesizing that there's a bug.

Well, my case matches that case pretty exactly...

MySQL 5.1, RelStorage 1.4.0...
Anton, were you using a history-free storage?

>> Also, does RelStorage have a bug tracker anywhere?
>
> Not yet. The need for one has not been clear until very recently.
> RelStorage is turning into a community project and every community
> project needs a bug tracker. I suggest we use Launchpad.

Meh, I'm no fan of Launchpad, I vastly prefer Trac, but it's not my
project and I'll use whatever your choose more than happily ;-)

> That may be related, but first, are you mounting databases? You have to
> be careful with mounted databases and packing.

This exact setup has been used with FileStorages served over ZEO for
getting on for a decade now... Does RelStorage do anything different in
this area?

(in the affected project, I'm fairly certain there are no cross-database