[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage pack with history-free storage results in POSKeyErrors

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Jan 27 05:47:26 EST 2011

On 01/27/2011 03:32 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 27/01/2011 03:15, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>>> Okay, so I'll do:
>>>
>>> - e2fsck -f
>
> Hmm, how do I e2fsck a mounted filesystem?

You don't.  Don't even try. :-)

> The MySQL filesystem could be unmounted (after I shut down MySQL!), so I
> ran e2fsck on it:
>
> e2fsck -f /dev/sdb1
> e2fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
> Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> Pass 2: Checking directory structure
> Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
> Pass 4: Checking reference counts
> Pass 5: Checking group summary information
> /dev/sdb1: 166/16777216 files (10.2% non-contiguous), 8244979/67107513
> blocks
>
>>> - mysqlcheck -c
>
> mysqlcheck -c dev_packed -u root -p
> Enter password:
> dev_packed.new_oid                                 OK
> dev_packed.object_ref                              OK
> dev_packed.object_refs_added                       OK
> dev_packed.object_state                            OK
> dev_packed.pack_object                             OK

Ok, thanks for checking.

> First up, I get the following failures:
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/var/buildout-eggs/RelStorage-1.4.0-py2.6.egg/relstorage/tests/blob/blob_connection.txt'
>
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/var/buildout-eggs/RelStorage-1.4.0-py2.6.egg/relstorage/tests/replicas.conf'
>
> My guess is that these files aren't included by setuptools?

No, they are included AFAICT.  Let's ignore this for now.

> This is a little weird, as I have max_allowed_packet set to 16M.

Increase max_allowed_packet to at least 32M.  16M is just a bit too low.

> Should these tests fail?

No.  I think they will all pass once you increase max_allowed_packet.

> That said, I don't think this has anything to do with the packing bug as

The point was to eliminate some of the most likely causes.  Now we'll
move on.

> I didn't see any exceptions or, in fact, any logging or output at all
> from zodbpack, and the only other exceptions seen were the POSKeyErrors...

Hmm, you do bring up a good point: zodbpack doesn't configure the
logging package.  It should.

Can you send me your database?

Shane