[ZODB-Dev] bug with RelStorage's zodbconvert --clear when clearing a large DB with MySQL

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 17:19:46 EST 2011

Hi Shane,

This one's less serious if it is what I think it is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "bin/zodbconvert", line 24, in <module>
     relstorage.zodbconvert.main()
   File
"/var/buildout-eggs/RelStorage-1.4.0-py2.6.egg/relstorage/zodbconvert.py",
line 89, in main
     destination.zap_all()
   File
"/var/buildout-eggs/RelStorage-1.4.0-py2.6.egg/relstorage/storage.py",
line 308, in zap_all
     self._rollback_load_connection()
   File
"/var/buildout-eggs/RelStorage-1.4.0-py2.6.egg/relstorage/storage.py",
line 217, in _rollback_load_connection
     self._load_conn.rollback()
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')

My guess is that the zap_all took so long that the server had gone away
by the time the sql statement had be executed.

Still, far from 100% on that but thought I'd let you know.

I also had a segfault trying to do the same conversion which I'm
attributing to the MySQL server being restarted by an overeager DBA
mid-converstion but still, that shouldn't cause a segfault, right?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk