[ZODB-Dev] Wrong blob file being returned (similar to https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2011-February/014067.html )

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jul 13 10:28:33 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:57 AM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:
> That's the problem. I'd assumed the same behavior. Unfortunately it appears
> like incorrect blobs aren't always returned for subsequent requests. I
> traced down one such request to a single server, removed it from the LB and
> checked the same URL but the request didn't give me an incorrect image.

Are you *ever* able to get incorrect blob data when going directly
against an app
instance?

> wonder, would this also be dependent on the connection pool or the thread
> serving the request?

If it's a bug in ZODB, it's one I haven't seen and I'd have no idea
what it's parameters might be. I suppose anything's possible. :)

Note that, in the actually database file, blobs have no data.
All that matters is their oid and serial.  I can't imagine
how this could behave differently across threads.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton