[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage zodbconvert, ConflictError on Zope2 startup

Sean Upton sdupton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 01:21:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Sean Upton <sdupton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Full traceback: http://pastie.org/2214036
> I am able to avoid this by commenting out cache-servers and
> cache-module-name in my zope.conf.

Looks like the ConflictError at start-up is self-inflicted: I never
stopped memcached to purge it of traces of the old/previous relstorage
database/instance I was running in my tests.  I was running
zodbconvert with --clear, but not specifying use of memcached for
zodbconvert destination storage ZConfig values, only for my zope2
instance configurations.

Lesson learned: purge memcached of any previous data via restart if
you plan to replace an existing RelStorage storage with zodbconvert
--clear.

Sean