[ZODB-Dev] Problem with RelStorage zodbpack

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Mar 30 12:21:17 EDT 2011

On 03/29/2011 09:16 PM, Erik Dahl wrote:
> Ok looked a little deeper.  I think solution 2 is the way to go (ie clear the object_ref table from references that are in my range of non-packed transactions.  Does that sound right?  Statement would be:
>
> delete from object_ref where tid>  255908476364112230;
>
> I think once this is done the code will refill the table and go on its way. Thoughts?

I haven't read the whole thread, but I will say this: it is quite safe
to remove rows from object_ref as long as you *also* remove the
corresponding rows from object_refs_added.  To be 100% safe, you could
just clear both object_refs_added and object_ref before packing.

IOW, the object_ref table serves as a cache between pack operations and
the object_refs_added table indicates how much of the object_ref cache
is filled.

Shane