[ZODB-Dev] Occasional startup errors in serialize.py/_reconstructor

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon May 9 08:42:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> The question is more why this error is happening from time to time after
> the startup after the first request - this scares me a bit. I also
> encounter a strange issues with PTS from time to time after
> startup...but not as frequent as this one...

PTS (PlacelessTranslationService) had definite problems at various
points. It stored persistent objects in module globals, so you'd get
connection state errors. It also relied on the absolute paths to the
client home to be the exact same for all instances and other fun
stuff.

Just upgrade to Plone 4 to get rid of all that madness, as PTS doesn't
store persistent data there anymore.

Hanno