[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage - high ConflictError rate in newly converted DB

Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting darryl.dixon at winterhouseconsulting.com
Mon Nov 7 22:15:45 UTC 2011

Hi All,

We have just converted a site with a handful of editors over from ZEO to
RelStorage on Oracle and and the rate of ConflictErrors has gone through
the roof (5 an hour average continuously for days). This seems very
surprising to me. What options/changes should we look at configuring to
lower this back down? We used to use ZEO with an invalidation-queue-size
of 5000 and a client-cache of 1000. Currently we are using a very basic
RelStorage configuration without any additional bits like memcache.

Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd