[ZODB-Dev] Persisting Python objects in MongoDB

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 05:30:58 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 05:41:33 AM Roger wrote:
> I still think it's just wrong to implement multi-object transactions
> with a mongodb backend. And this is what mongopersist is based on.

I have not made any claim on how to use the code. You can call
transaction.commit() after each object modification, if you like. Also, I
assume that anyone interested in mongopersist is aware that MongoDB does not
provide transaction safety.

That said, I think that a large class of applications (or large parts of an
app) does not need transaction safety. In our application, for example, most
object modifications are compartmentalized, so that modifying small sets of
objects is pretty safe. The largest risk is posed by competing modifications,
which I tried to address using optional write-conflict detection.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek