[ZODB-Dev] zeo.memcache

Pedro Ferreira jose.pedro.ferreira at cern.ch
Thu Oct 6 16:27:46 UTC 2011

 > So accesses from different processes (or even
> different instances of the cache connector) will modify it without
> synchronisation. Supporting such setup requires using the test-and-set
> memcached operation, plus some sugar. I just don't think this was intended to
> be supported in the original code.

And looking at the code, it appears like load() operations are locked as
well. In the original client cache load() operations seem to be locked
in order to avoid inconsistent file states, but if we assume cache
set/read operations to be atomic (as I believe they are in memcache)
can't we get rid of this one?

Cheers,

Pedro