[ZODB-Dev] [ZEO] remote connection problem with ZEO

刘一新 liuyxpp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:15:01 UTC 2011

Hi, everyone.

I have encountered a strange behavior about ZEO.

My platform is a computing cluster (Redhat linux) with one main node
(hostname='console') and 16 other nodes (hostname = 'c0101', 'c0102',
'c0103', etc.)

When I start ZEO server on console with
 console> runzeo -a localhost:1234 -f ./Data.fs
I can connect it at console with localhost:1234, but on other nodes, I
cannot connect it with console:1234.

On the other hand, when I start ZEO server on console with
 console> runzeo -a console:1234 -f ./Data.fs
I can connect it at console with console:1234 but not with localhost:1234.
And I can connect it on other nodes by console:1234.

My main questions are:
(1) Why can't I connect zeo on other nodes by just using the hostname:port
when zeo is started with -a localhost:1234, and
(2) Why can't I connect ZEO on the local node (here the console node) with
localhost:1234 when I start zeo with the hostname of the local node, i.e.
console:1234?

Thanks!

Eshin

--