[ZODB-Dev] detect zodb with the unix tool 'file' (contrib)

Stéphane Blondon stephane.blondon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:59:49 EST 2011

Hello,

at work, we use Zodb to store data. I have found that `file` (the
classic Unix tool) doesn't detect properly the database. I fixed
easily this problem by inserting this line in /etc/magic:
0       string  FS21    Zope Database (data)

Then, in a terminal, I have this behaviour:

stephane at foehn:~$ file -m magic demo.db
demo.db: Zope Database (data)

It's what I wanted. Now, I plan to send it to the maintainer of `file`
in order it will be available to every one in the future. To this
goal, I have several questions:

 - Is there a better mailing list for this topic?
 - Do you think improvements about this line (improvement in the
description, support other versions of Zodb, etc.)?
 - Other remarks?

Thanks for all your work,
--
Imprimez ce message en A2 et en couleur au moins 500 fois!
Brûlez des arbres!!

-- envoyé depuis ma centrale à charbon
Stéphane