[ZODB-Dev] detect zodb with the unix tool 'file' (contrib)

Stéphane Blondon stephane.blondon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:04:23 EST 2011

2011/9/6 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com>:
> 2011/9/5 Stéphane Blondon <stephane.blondon at gmail.com>:
>>  - Do you think improvements about this line (improvement in the
>> description, support other versions of Zodb, etc.)?
>
> Yes.  It should say:
>
>  Zope Object Database File Storage (data)

Ok, string improved.

>>  - Other remarks?
>
> Thanks.  I bothered to include a magic string in the
> File Storage design, but never took it any farther than
> that.

It was a good idea to include a magic string! :-)

> If you want, you could also define the "ZEC3" magic string
> for ZEO cache files.  Not sure what the best description for that
> might be.  Maybe "Zope Object Database Client Cache File".

This is the new content of the file:
# Database file for Zope (done by FileStorage)
0       string  FS21	Zope Object Database File Storage (data)

# Cache file for the database of Zope (done by ClientStorage)
0       string  ZEC3	Zope Object Database Client Cache File (data)

If you or others people have new remarks, don't hesitate to say them.
Without new feedbacks, I will send it to the `file` maintainer this
week-end.

Thanks you.

--
Imprimez ce message en A2 et en couleur au moins 500 fois!
Brûlez des arbres!!

-- envoyé depuis ma centrale à charbon
Stéphane