[ZODB-Dev] Migrating from Plone 4.1.4 ZEO data.fs and blobs to Relstorage

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Apr 13 11:57:24 UTC 2012

Op 13-04-12 02:25, Sam Wilson schreef:

> Hi List,
>
> We need to migrate an existing test environment running Plone 4.1.4
> with ZEO to a new environment on RelStorage.
>
> I have configured zodbconvert to import the data.fs however I cannot
> for the life of me find doco on how to migrate the blob (bushy layout)
> into RelStorage. I am working with content exported via
> collective.recipe.backup
>
> If anyone could give an assist with this one would be a life saver!

Look at the blob related options, if you have not done so already:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/RelStorage#relstorage-options
I do not look at relstorage and blobstorage often enough to remember how
everything fits together. :-)

I am not aware of a method to migrate filesystem-based blobstorage to a
relational database.

The current filesystem-based blobs should just work, as long as you have
enabled the shared-blob-dir option and your blob-dir is shared among all
clients via NFS or something similar.

Cheers,

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/