[ZODB-Dev] Migrating from Plone 4.1.4 ZEO data.fs and blobs to Relstorage

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Apr 16 15:55:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 02:25, Sam Wilson <sam at dotsec.com> wrote:
> I have configured zodbconvert to import the data.fs however I cannot
> for the life of me find doco on how to migrate the blob (bushy layout)
> into RelStorage.

Note that I cannot recommend putting ZODB blobs into any relstorage
database apart from Oracle. PostgreSQL doesn't handle large blobs very
well (storing them internally as a series of chunks in a dedicated
table), while MySQL doesn't really support blobs at all.

We have one customer on RelStorage on a Oracle cluster (RelStorage was
commissioned for them, in fact) where all ZODB blobs also live in the
same database. Performance is quite decent but the customer doesn't
try to store more than a few MBs per file.

Better keep them in a NFS setup for most cases.

--
Martijn Pieters