[ZODB-Dev] server stops handling requests - nowhere near 100% CPU or Memory used

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu Apr 19 15:33:35 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 17:20, Claudiu Saftoiu <csaftoiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> My question is: what could possibly be causing the server to 'lock up', even
> on a
> simple view like 'is_alive', without using any memory or CPU? Is there some
> ZODB
> resource that might be getting gradually exhausted because I'm not handling
> it properly?

I don't know, anything could lock up your site if something is waiting
for a lock, for example.

Use http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.deadlockdebugger to figure out
what the threads are doing at this time. Preferably, trigger the
dump_threads() method of that module on SIGUSR1, like the Zope
signalstack product does (see
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.signalstack/trunk/Products/signalstack/__init__.py
for the exact code to bind the signal handler). That'll tell you
exactly what each thread is busy with when you send the signal.

--
Martijn Pieters