[ZODB-Dev] server stops handling requests - nowhere near 100% CPU or Memory used

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu Apr 19 16:40:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 18:22, Claudiu Saftoiu <csaftoiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there locks that could possibly be used for the 'is_alive' function?
> Here is the
> definition in its entirety.
>
> In 'configure.zcml':
>   <view
>     view=".views.is_alive"
>     name="is_alive"
>     renderer="json"
>     />
> in 'views.py':
>     def is_alive(request):
>         return True
>
> Whatever the problem is, it causes 'is_alive' to take forever, and the CPU
> is not
> spinning at 100%, and memory usage is not high. Could this be a lock
> problem?

I have no idea; all you told is that you use the ZODB, not what server
framework you use to register your views. Is this Grok, Bluebream,
Repoze.BFG, Zope 2 or something else?

I don't think that is_alive would be the cause of this, it looks like
a simple enough view. But if your server uses a thread pool, and all
the other threads are now occupied by something that got locked up,
then it could be that the server is not answering your is_alive
request at all because it is waiting for a thread to free up first.

--
Martijn Pieters