[ZODB-Dev] server stops handling requests - nowhere near 100% CPU or Memory used

Claudiu Saftoiu csaftoiu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:59:29 UTC 2012

> I don't know, anything could lock up your site if something is waiting
> for a lock, for example.
>
> Use http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.deadlockdebugger to figure out
> what the threads are doing at this time. Preferably, trigger the
> dump_threads() method of that module on SIGUSR1, like the Zope
> signalstack product does (see
>
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.signalstack/trunk/Products/signalstack/__init__.py
> for the exact code to bind the signal handler). That'll tell you
> exactly what each thread is busy with when you send the signal.

That module seems to be just the trick for seeing if I have
a deadlock issue. I set up the SIGUSR1 thing, but whenever I would
send the signal to the server, it would stop, saying something about
system call interrupting the 'select', so I just made it output the contents
of dump_threads() to a file once a minute. If it happens again I'll look
at the tail end of the file & see what they're all busy with.

Thanks, seems like this will likely do the trick,
- Claudiu