[ZODB-Dev] zope.testing has to be installed separately

Alexandre Garel alex.garel at tarentis.com
Tue Feb 28 09:09:53 UTC 2012

Le 28/02/2012 09:43, Aroldo Souza-Leite a écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> to have the  ZODB3 tests run in a Python virtualenv successfullly I
> had to pip-install zope.testing separately. Is it the declared
> intention of the ZODB3 developers?

Yes this is intended, the test requirements, are separated from package
requirements, to avoid extra installs. See ZODB3 setup.py you'll see a
test_require.

In buildout you can use those requirements telling you need ZODB3 [test]
I don't know if pip has some way of taking test_require into account.

Hope it helps

Alex