[ZODB-Dev] Solved!!! Re: unable to import ZODB: class ConflictError, AttributeError

Ralf Hauenschild ralf_hauenschild at gmx.de
Thu Jun 14 15:34:02 UTC 2012

Am 14.06.2012 17:20, schrieb Martijn Pieters:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Paul Winkler<slinkp at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> That's backwards, I'm sure you just made a typo but I don't want Ralf
>> to get confused :)
> Yeah, my mistake. *with*, not *without*. Sorry!

Thank you! I understood :)

Unfortunately, my aim using ZODB was, to store dictionaries of a size of
~3GB memory size to the hard drive, after the data has been read from
there. Of course, this makes only sense, if retrieving the dictionaries
from ZODB back to the RAM goes faster than parsing the original files
via readline() again.
This could not be accomplished:
The transaction.commit() alone took over an our for a dictionary, which
was initially parsed from a file in 5 Minutes!
So i guess, using ZODB for large files is not recommended. But in the
case of small files, my RAM is big enough anyway, so unfortunately ZODB
should have no use for me at the moment, or should it?

Regards,
Ralf