[ZODB-Dev] ZODB via Pipe/Socket

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Tue Mar 20 23:26:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:52:07PM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> It is possible to open a ZODB in a thread and share it to other threads
> via a filesystem socket or pipe [rather than a TCP conntection]?

You don't need either if you use threads.  Create a ZODB.DB.DB(), have
each thread invoke db.open() to get a connection.

If you have multiple *processes* rather than threads, use ZEO.  ZEO
works fine over Unix domain sockets (this is, in fact, my preferred
method of deployment).

Marius Gedminas
--
There is a 70% probability of tomorrow. (Actual weatherman quote, 1988)