[ZODB-Dev] database conflict fail

Claudiu Saftoiu csaftoiu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:23:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:29 AM, Vincent Pelletier <vincent at nexedi.com>wrote:

> Le Wed, 21 Mar 2012 21:04:20 -0400,
> Claudiu Saftoiu <csaftoiu at gmail.com> a écrit :
> > I definitely want to keep the latest update.
>
> Then, if the change alters just one persistent object, you can write a
> conflict resolution method on the class of that object
> (_p_resolveConflict). Note, through, that this only means you will keep
> the latest in commit order, not in transaction-begin order.

Ahh, now that looks promising. Are there any particularly good places to
get documentation on that sort of thing? All I see when I google are mailing
list archives.

Also: is there any easier way to see which objects had a conflict when a
ConflictError is raised? Currently I am doing a binary-search via commenting
code, but I figure there must be a better way...

Thanks,
- Claudiu