[ZODB-Dev] transaction "Attempts" class

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Mar 28 18:21:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan at computer.org> wrote:

Thanks for chiming in Zvezdan. I was hoping you would. :)

We should fix this if we can. If I could do over, I'd have a different
API that uses a function rather than a block and was designed to work
as a decorator.  Something like:

@transaction.job
def doit(tx):

where doit would, hopefully, be descriptive.

You's also be able to:

@transaction.job(retry_limit=5)
def doit(tx):

As a bonus, I'd automatically set a transaction note with the function
name or first line of doc string, and the retry #.

I do plan to do this, um, when I get around to it.  Might be a nice
small project for someone who wants to contribute.

The with statement is really wanting when you might want to execute
code other than once.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton