[ZODB-Dev] transaction "Attempts" class

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Mar 29 16:35:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 05:06:37PM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 14:21 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > A decorator for running some code in the context of a txn and retrying
> > retryable exceptions would be nice higher level behavior.  I'd be
> > willing to do this work over this weekend.
>
> Cool.  Don't forget the transaction note part. :)
> Too many transactions in our apps don't have
> notes, especially transactions that happen
> outside of web requests.

I've started using transaction.get().note() liberally only after I was
able to see the notes in ZODBBrowser (and became annoyed by transactions
that didn't have notes).

That reminds me, I need to patch ZODBBrowser to show extended info (such as
the request type and URL).

Marius Gedminas
--
Shift happens.