[ZODB-Dev] Relstorage and MSQL

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed May 9 01:26:41 UTC 2012

On 09.05.2012, at 02:34, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:
> I know it's not all about money but if we were to sponsor development of microsoft sql server support for relstorage, is there someone who knows how and has an estimated cost and available time?

It might be helpful if you could add more constraints.

Which version of SQL server do you want to support? Just 2008 or 2012 or some Express Edition? Only 64bit servers and clients or 32bit?

Are all clients also on Windows, which OS version, which versions of Python?

What clustering options are you interested in if any? Do you want memcached support?

And what about blob storage? Are blobs inside the DB in little chunks enough, do you want them on the filesystem via shared network drive or new efficient filestream support in SQL server 2008+

The fewer variables you have, the easier an estimate should be. And just stating something like the expected data size, number of clients and availability concerns might help.

Hanno