[ZODB-Dev] Attempt to release connection when storage is None

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Aug 28 21:24:27 CEST 2013

Op 28-08-13 19:07, Sean Upton schreef:
> I am seeing something curious on a new Zope2 deployment (2.13.21, Plone
> 4.3) where ZODB attempts to release a storage on Control+C shutdown of a
> foregrounded zope2 instance, but a connection has a _storage attribute
> equal to None, thus this traceback:
>
> http://pastie.org/8275219
>
> This is Zope 2.13.21, ZODB 3.10.5, transaction 1.1.1, RelStorage 1.5.1
> on Python 2.7 (my build) on Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64.
>
> I am thinking this might be related to this Zope2 commit:
>
> https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/commit/5032027470091957a6c0028da04c0fc0a1ed646b
>
> This seems benign, but I wanted to verify?

I see the same on one site when I am developing on it, which is on
RelStorage, like yours.  I have not seen bad behavior because of this
and do not see it on production.

I am using Postgres as database and thought it might be some
misconfiguration there.  I already had to update some defaults because
IIRC after a short while no connections were free anymore.

Versions are similar, but some are slightly older: Zope2 2.13.19, ZODB3
3.10.5, transaction 1.1.1, RelStorage 1.5.0, Python 2.7, Plone 4.2.4.
In my case it is on Mac OSX 10.8.4, so that would mean it is not OS
dependent.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl