[ZODB-Dev] what's the latest on zodb/zeo+memcached?

Claudiu Saftoiu csaftoiu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:15:40 UTC 2013

> You can't cause a specific object (or collection of objects) to stay
> ion the cache, but if you're working set is small enough to fit in
> the memory or client cache, you can get the same effect.

That makes sense. So, is there any way to give ZODB a Persistent and tell
it "load everything about the object now for this transaction" so  that the
cache mechanism then gets triggered, or do I have to do a custom search
through every aspect of the object, touching all Persistents it touches,
etc, in order to get everything loaded? Essentially, when  the server
restarts, I'd like to pre-load all these objects (my cache is indeed big
enough), so that if a few hours later someone makes a request that uses it,
the objects will already be cached instead of starting to be cached right
then.