[ZODB-Dev] zodb-dev mail problem

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Jul 3 22:36:08 CEST 2013

Oops,

has anyone else seen this?
I just saw the header oj Jeremy's message:

>  From jeremy at zope.com Fri Nov 02 11:53:54 2001
> 	by mail.python.org with esmtp (Exim 3.21 #1)

So if nobody saw these messages, then it might be a problem with the latest
Thunderbird update that found old, malformed messages from my archive.
... yes!

So then please forget what I said. I'm happy that this was just old stuff.

Cheers - Chris

On 7/3/13 10:27 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I just saw about 16 messages on this list without header.
> The messages are between my message from 6:08 pm today
> and Jeremy's message  "cache gc api"  from 10:03 pm today.
>
> Looking at the headers:
> All headers are stripped away, the messages start with a "From" that
> is un-escaped.
>
> I remember such problems from 1998, but then no longer.
> So I doubt this is a mailman bug, either.
>
> Was this list "repaired", maybe, and then in a quick hack that confuses
> certain parsers?
>
> I tried to find the bug on my side, but it really seems to come from
> zope itself.
>
> So if my theory is right, can someone please inject the messages again
> but in a way that preserves the headers?
>
> Thanks & cheers -- chris

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023