[ZODB-Dev] zodbpickle claim (but OS X is not unix)

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Jul 4 05:47:39 CEST 2013

Hi Stephan,

there is now a pull request, completely tested on OS X,
ready to be applied with no other work involved.

It would be nice if that version could be uploaded, soon, so
that I can close this issue and move on. ;-)

Thanks guys, and keep up the good work

   -- Chris

On 03.07.13 02:09, Stephan Richter wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Wednesday, July 03, 2013 01:01:14 AM Christian Tismer wrote:
>> I would appreciate if that simple-to-fix bug could be removed,
>> and I would be happy to help with this.
> I am not a C expert, so I cannot comment.
>
>> And while we are at it: How about completion of the module, to let it
>> define standard things like DEFAULT_PROTOCOL ?
>> Or is there a reason to avoid this (because Python2 doesn't have it)?
> We might have simply forgotten it. Also, we started Python 3.2's version, if I
> remember correctly, maybe it was missing there as well?
>
>> Please don't get me wrong, I really like that module and want it to set the
>> standard.
> Hey, not at all. You can clone the git repo, make the fix and create a pull
> request. We (as in the Zope devs) have been pretty good about merging in pull
> requests after quick reviews.
>
> I really want to be zodbpickle to be rock-solid as well, since we need it for
> the Python 3 ports to go ahead.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023