[ZODB-Dev] make ZODB as small and compact as expected

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:15:02 CEST 2013

On Sunday, July 21, 2013 06:12:34 AM Christian Tismer wrote:
>      BTrees

I agree, this could be part of ZODB and it would be fine.

>      persistent
>      transaction
>      zc.lockfile
>      zdaemon
>      zope.interface

These are all very useful outside the context of ZODB and I use them without
it.

>      zc.zlibstorage

This is an add-on that I do not necessarily use, since I do not deal with
large amounts of data.

>      ZConfig

In my opinion this is a relic from the times before configparser existed. It is
also used by other projects outside of ZODB.

>      ZEO

This is separate for historical reasons. I agree it could be merged into the
ZODB project these days.

>      ZODB3   (zlibstorage)

Well, this package is deprecated. It is available for backward-compatibility.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek