[ZODB-Dev] RFC: Attempts at Python2-compatible pickles cause unpicklable objects

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 01:43:16 UTC 2013

On Thursday, June 06, 2013 09:28:38 PM Tres Seaver wrote:
> If I am correct about this consensus, then in addition to merging PR #11
> for ZODB, we should also drop the 'bytes_as_strings' changes to
> 'zodbpickle'.

Yes, this is a left-over from our experimentation. It did not work, since it
also pickled attribute names as bytes and when you loaded them, the attributes
would be gone.

Also, requiring protocol 3 for Python 3 sounds correct as well.

BTW, sorry for not having caught this before the beta release.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek