[ZODB-Dev] Fwd: Zope/Plone/Zeo Concurrency Issue

David Glick (Plone) david.glick at plone.org
Wed May 29 06:42:31 UTC 2013

On 5/28/13 7:53 PM, Dylan Jay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My colleague is having the issue outlined below. I thought this list
> might be better to give an insight as to what is going on?
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> *From: *Adam Terrey <adam at pretaweb.com <mailto:adam at pretaweb.com>>
>> *Subject: **Fwd: Zope/Plone/Zeo Concurrency Issue*
>> *Date: *28 May 2013 5:23:33 PM AEST
>> *To: *Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com <mailto:djay at pretaweb.com>>

I've encountered a problem like this once or twice and had some trouble
reproducing it consistently, but assume it's due to ZEO invalidation
messages not making it to the other instance before it serves request D.

You can work around the issue using sticky sessions in your load
balancer. If you don't want users to be stuck to a particular backend
indefinitely you can set a cookie with a brief expiration in an
ObjectAddedEvent handler and use it as the basis for the stickiness.