[ZODB-Dev] The storage engine used by MySQL tables that are created through RelStorage

Huang, Joseph jhuang at it.ucla.edu
Fri Nov 22 22:24:58 CET 2013

Hi,

When I ran Plone buildout to initialize a blank MySQL database through RelStorage, I noticed that the tables in that database use different engines:

mysql> SELECT table_name, engine FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE table_schema = 'mi_ucpd';
+-------------------+--------+
| table_name        | engine |
+-------------------+--------+
| blob_chunk        | InnoDB |
| current_object    | InnoDB |
| new_oid           | MyISAM |
| object_ref        | MyISAM |
| object_refs_added | MyISAM |
| object_state      | InnoDB |
| pack_object       | MyISAM |
| pack_state        | MyISAM |
| pack_state_tid    | MyISAM |
| transaction       | InnoDB |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I thought RelStorage requires InnoDB. So I wonder whether I did something wrong? If not, can I change the engine of those tables using MyISAM to InnoDB?

Thanks.