[ZODB-Dev] ZODB.FileStorage.format: TxnHeader cannot handle Unicode 'descr'

Chao Meng bobomeng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 07:47:33 CEST 2013

Hi there,

Here is an issue from zopefoundation/ZODB github three months ago. I am
facing similar issue now and don't know how to resolve.

github issue link: https://github.com/zopefoundation/ZODB/issues/12

When I use Pyramid+ZODB+traversal and use some Chinese characters in
URL. Note that my resource tree saved in ZODB with unicode fine for the
Chinese characters as object names.

Basically when save transaction, ZODB.FileStorage.format TxnHeader uses
request.path_info as it's descr, which is unicode, but TxnHeader cannot
handle Unicode :(

It would be great if anyone can help or give some pointers.

Thanks in advance,
Chao