[ZODB-Dev] POSKeyError when transaction.commit after savepoint.rollback and connection.readCurrent

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Mon Feb 3 14:50:42 CET 2014

Hi all,

It needed time and obstinacy to find how to write a test that triggers
the same POSKeyError during commit as triggered by some Plone 3 to 4
migrations.

For more details about the error, see
http://rpatterson.net/blog/poskeyerror-during-commit

The test is now pushed to the 3.10 branch on github :

https://github.com/zopefoundation/ZODB/commit/49919d31cfa73410cede0af969d80527a9fd852c

The fix is pushed as well.

https://github.com/zopefoundation/ZODB/commit/9ce470f70acc9655aaf915e5a74678b43f6312da

Both commits are referenced in an issue
https://github.com/zopefoundation/ZODB/issues/16

I have a request and a question :

- Can we get a new 3.10.X release (iow 3.10.6) with the fix ?

I am happy to do it myself if needed.

- As the test above depends on Acquisition (which is not ported to
Python 3), what should be the strategy to include my work in master ?
Pull the fix only ? Pull the fix and do some magic with the test so that
it runs only in Python 2 ? Other suggestion ?

Regards,
--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be