[ZODB-Dev] Does ZODB pipeline load requests?

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Feb 19 02:59:33 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm seeing a a ZCatalog reindex of a large number of objects take a long time while only using 10% cpu. I'm not sure yet if this is due to the size of the objects and therefore the network is saturated, or the ZEO file reads aren't fast enough. However looking at the protocol I didn't see a way for code such as the ZCatalog to give a hint to ZEO as to what they wanted to load next so the time is taken by network delays rather than either ZEO or app. Is that the case?
I'm guessing if it is, it's a fundamental design problem that can't be fixed :(

Dylan Jay

---
www.pretagov.com - Secure SaaS for Government hosted locally.
P: +61-2-9955-2830  +44-87-0392-7071 | linkedin.com/in/djay75