[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage PostgreSQLLocker deadlock/wait problem

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 22:37:00 CEST 2014

I seem to recall, though I couldn't find references to it now, that this
could happen if there is a firewall between the RelStorage using
processes/threads and your database.

If a long time passes without any activity, this could cause the firewall
to forget about the long lived TCP connections that RelStorage keeps, and
drop packets silently instead of rejecting them, making the RelStorage end
seem hung up.