[Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: Zope SybaseDA v2.0.0b1 released
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:48:55 -0500
I'm proud to announce that we have finally taken the wraps off the total
ground-up rewrite of the SybaseDA. This is a beta, but it's gone thru
some testing already. You can find it on the Zope website at:
Please read the CHANGES.txt and understand all the differences, as it
might break much of your code that depends on strangeness in the
previous release. The CHANGES.txt is below:
Zope Sybase DA Changes
The DC Sybase DA provides access to Sybase Databases from Zope.
Zope Sybase DA 2.00b1
The Zope Sybase DA provides the features of previous sybase
- Fully multi-threaded
- Support for Zope sub-transactions
- Trailing spaces are stripped from strings on retrieval
- The user interface for adding and editing database connections
now uses separate fields for server, user, password, and
database information. It is no longer necessary to use an
arcane connection string.
- Connections now have a "Transactional" option to control
whether transactions are used. (Sybase consumes
resources for transactions even when select statements are
used, so pure-read requests should use non-transactional
- Long integer fixed-decimal numbers are supported. Numeric
columns with zero scale and precision greater than nine are
retrieved as Python long integers.
Notes on data type conversions:
- Sybase Money types and numeric types for which scale is non-zero
are retrieved as Python floats. This could lead to a loss of
- Image and text columns are truncated at 64K.
The following features are under consideration for the
- Full support for Sybase text and image columns. Currently,
text and image columns are truncated at 64K.
- Drop-in Sybase stored procedures.
- Perhaps provide dedicated data types for numeric
(ie fixed decimal) and monetary data.
| Christopher Petrilli Digital Creations
| email@example.com http://www.digicool.com