[Zope-Annce] ZEO 1.0b4 released
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:53:26 -0400 (EDT)
At long last, the fourth and final beta release of ZEO 1.0 is
available at http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO. I expect to release
1.0 final next week.
Zope Enterprise Objects (ZEO) provides the ability for multiple
processes to use a single Zope Object Database. ZEO turns the Zope
object system into a distributed architecture, allowing multiple
processors, machines, and networks to act as one website.
The 1.0b4 release fixes all the major bugs reported since 1.0b3. The
list of bug fixes is:
- Improved robustness of ZEO under load. Many non-fatal socket
errors are caught and handled now. Also fix NameError bug that
could cause ZEO to fail on Windows.
- Reduced the likelihood that a thread.error exception ("release
unlocked lock") will be raised if a client disconnects from a
- Fixed a bug in undo handling that caused connections to be reset
and prevented undos from propagating to all clients.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a client from reconnecting to a
server if the server restarted.
- Fixed start.py so that it prints a message on the console when
it fails in addition to using zLOG.
- Fleshed out installation instructions and version dependencies.
- Fixed bug in non-transactional undo that caused undo to fail and
clients to restart.