[Zope-Annce] [Ann] DocFinder 0.1: ask Zope about its documentation

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de, zope@zope.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:01:09 +0100 (CET)

Recently, I have written several times:

  Look at the Zope source for documentation.
  Zope has quite good source documentation.

However, as the Zope source is huge, this advice is not so easy to follow.

Therefore, I made "DocFinder". This small product allows you to
ask any object in your Zope system about its documentation:
methods, roles, arguments, documentation strings.

As even simple Zope objects expose hundreds of methods,
I made the display a two level interactively explorable tree structure.
The first level shows you the classes, the object is build from.
Expanding a class will show you the class's attributes.

I think, this product can help you in various ways:

  as a Zope programmer:

   * learn about the available methods and their arguments
   * learn about Zope's architecture and building blocks
   * check for security holes

  as a Zope maintainer

   * help you to bring interfaces and implementation in line
   * help you to straighten out some quirks in Zope's implementation
   * help you to improve Zope documentation
   * help you to detect potential security risks due to
     unprotected attributes

More information and download at

     URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/DocFinder.html