[Zope-Annce] [Ann] Chapter "Basic Concepts" of my upcoming Zope book

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de, zope@zope.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:02:14 +0100 (CET)

Dear Zopistas,

the chapter "Basic Concepts" of my upcoming Zope book is
ready for preview. It covers Zope site building objects, Web publishing,
name lookup, DTML, site management and Zope security.

You find it at

    URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

I consider it a valuable resource beside (and probably after)
the official Zope book.
It covers many of the questions that recur often in Zope's main
mailing list.

It is currently in a pre-alpha state. I know of the following
problems:

 * lack of graphics to explain difficult concepts (such as
   DTML namespace, acquisition and Zope's security model)

 * many broken links

   If external links are broken, it was my lazyness.

   Broken internal links are caused by Python's XML processing
   tools not yet being fully up to process DocBook.

 * synopsis sections look very strange, caused by small bugs
   in Norman Walsh's DocBook stylesheets

 * lack of a stylesheet to improve presentation

Dieter