[Zope-Annce] Substantial CVS Repository Upheaval, this Thursday, July 12!

klm@digicool.com klm@digicool.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:03:32 -0400 (EDT)

We're in the process of reforming our CVS repository, and aim to make
a significant change this thursday, July 12th.  This change will
invalidate existing checkouts of Zope and StandaloneZODB - you'll
have to do new checkouts to continue to track new checkins.

We intend to do the changeover the afternoon of the 12th, from 2:00 to
6:00 US Eastern Standard Time, during which the repository will not be
available.

The reformulation is part of general cleanup, as we relocate the
repository and prepare to enable granting of checkin privileges to
select people outside of Digital Creations.  See

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeCVSMigration

for more info about the project.  (Many details still need to be
filled in - will happen during the next few days.)

Please let me know ASAP if you forsee having any serious problems in
dealing with this changeover.  And stay tuned - the actual changeover
depends on a few things beyond our control, so it's not set in stone.
I'll be posting followups in both these mailling lists as the date
approaches.

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com