[Zope-Annce] Zope-Dev Summaries

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:33:31 +0200 (CEST)

Zopistas!

During my last project I drowned myself in work and didn't really have
time to contribute much to the community, or to keep track of what has
been going on.  Things are better now, so I have some time to read the
lists, and post every now and then.

One thing I missed greatly, when I was drowning myself, was to be able
to get a snapshot of what's been going on with Zope lately.  What's
the major architectural changes; have the community mob been out to
hang anyone; any major bugs or upsets; new Fishbowl proposals, and the
like.  Information that gets me up-to-speed whenever I have time.

ZWN is quite good, but it doesn't give the developer an idea of what API
changes has been made or what little new thing that will make our lives so
much easier - that's the kind of things I'd like to see showing up in the
summaries.

Michael Hudson's <URL:http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/summaries/>
have been a great success in doing this for python-dev, and Zope-Dev
Summaries is basically trying to copy that effort.

Sure, ZopeZen, ZopeNewbies, ZWN, all the mailinglists, ZopeFish, and
many other good zope-sites out there provide good information and fun
in the context of Zope, but I can't see that any of them is to Zope,
what python-dev summaries are to Python (of course, if you see it
differently I'd like to hear about it - duplication isn't something I
like throwing time at).

If anyone wants to help out and write a summary or two every now and
then, please e-mail me and I'll be happy to share the fun! :)

Summaries can be found here: <URL:http://nittin.net/erik/summaries/>

Oh, and go easy on me, this is the first summary and the next one will be
better.  Comments are greatly appretiated :)