[Zope-Annce] New release of ZCGI - Add CGI to your DTML

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:04:09 -0000

I have just released version 1.1.2 of ZCGI. The following is the change-log
entry for this release:

Fixed bug where POSTing was not working from a DTML call
Fixed bug where Query string was not being passed from a DTML call
Added the ability to allow environment variables to pass through to the CGI
script
Fixed bug where data was POSTed even if method was GET
Added support for calling script from DTML etc. Syntax:
  * ripoffheaders (Def 1) - If true, headers/footers are ripped off output
  * PATH_INFO (Def []) - List containing path elements for PATH_INFO or
string containing entire PATH_INFO
  * method (Def 'GET') - GET or POST (CGI Method)
  * All other params are passed as form data.
This is not yet supported by ZCGIFolder, only ZCGIScripts

You can get ZCGI from http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/ZCGI

Please note, this is still a development level product, but I have had some
very promising results.

If you can spare some time to test ZCGI in your environment, I would love to
hear your results, good and bad!

Thanks

Adrian...

--
The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into
the direct, and misfortune into gain.