[Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: Pound - reverse proxy and load balancer - v0.5
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:31:10 +0200
This is to announce the release of Pound v0.5.
Changes from previous version:
- added support for configuration file options (instead of command-line
- major code restructuring and splitting.
- better Makefile, with support for more systems.
- some code fixes.
What is Pound (from the Web page)
- a reverse-proxy: it passes requests from client browsers to one or more
- a load balancer: it will distribute the requests from the client browsers
among several back-end servers, while keeping session information.
- an SSL wrapper: Pound will decrypt HTTPS requests from client browsers and
pass them as plain HTTP to the back-end browsers.
- an HTTP/HTTPS sanitizer: Pound will verify requests for correctness and
accept only well-formed ones.
- an HTTP/1.1 to 1.0 proxy.
- a failover-server: should a back-end server fail, Pound will take note of
the fact and stop passing requests to it until it recovers.
For further information, download, etc. please see http://www.apsis.ch/pound
The software is at version 0.5 (beta quality). Further testing (especially
under heavy loads), improvements and suggestions are welcome.
Pound is distributed under the GPL.
Enjoy and let me know how it works for you.
Postfach, Uetikon am See, CH-8707
Tel: +41-1-920 4904