[Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: Pound - reverse proxy and load balancer - v0.6
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:20:35 +0200
This is to announce the release of Pound v0.6.
Changes from previous version:
- added the possibility of using separate backend server(s) by URL type.
- moved all configuration options to a file - what with the creeping
featuritis the flags were getting too complex.
- some minor bug fixes.
What is Pound (from the Web page)
- a reverse-proxy: it passes requests from client browsers to one or more
- a load balancer: it will distribute the requests from the client browsers
among several back-end servers, while keeping session information.
- an SSL wrapper: Pound will decrypt HTTPS requests from client browsers and
pass them as plain HTTP to the back-end browsers.
- an HTTP/HTTPS sanitizer: Pound will verify requests for correctness and
accept only well-formed ones.
- an HTTP/1.1 to 1.0 proxy.
- a fail-over-server: should a back-end server fail, Pound will take note of
the fact and stop passing requests to it until it recovers.
- a request redirector - it will pass client requests to separate groups of
servers, based on required URL (pattern matching)
For further information, download, etc. please see http://www.apsis.ch/pound
The software is at version 0.6 (beta quality). Further testing (especially
under heavy loads), improvements and suggestions are welcome.
Pound is distributed under the GPL.
Enjoy and let me know how it works for you.
Postfach, Uetikon am See, CH-8707
Tel: +41-1-920 4904