[Zope-Annce] CMF Deployment 1.0 beta1

kapil thangavelu kvthan@wm.edu
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:15:03 -0700

CMFDeployment

  Introduction

    This tool allows for static deployment of a CMF
    site to multiple target systems akin to the deployment
    features of advanced commerical CMS systems like interwoven
    or vignette.

  Features

    - Allows for custom skins for deployment separate then
      content management interface.

    - allows for business logic to filter deployed content
      using TALES expressions and Python Scripts

    - Pluggable Deployment Strategies (Incremental, Full)

    - Pluggable Deployment Protocols, (currently RsyncSSH)

    - retraction of deployed content (using RsyncSSH protocol)

    - Deployment to multiple servers

    - Merging of DirectoryView (skin) resources into
      merged content.

    - Provides for Mime and Extension mapping to content

    - Provides for configurable URI Resolving of internal links
      within rendered content.

    - extensive statistics gathering and logging frameworks

    - and many more.

  this feature set describes the 1.0.0-beta1 version.

  Downloads

    - "here":http://www.zope.org/Members/k_vertigo/Products/CMFDeployment

  CVS

   - "here":
     http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/collective/CMFDeployment/

  License

    - "GPL":http://www.fsf.org

  Credits

    "Kapil Thangavelu":mailto://kvthan@wm.edu - Author

    I'd like to thank alan runyaga for much dicussion
    and feedback on this tool. It has benefited greatly
    from his insights.

    I'd like to thank my employer for allowing
    me to opensource this tool that was developed at
    their cost. Without companies and clients such as
    them the open source world would be a much poorer
    place.