[Zope-Annce] Zope3 for Zope2 developers tutorial

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Dec 7 07:24:13 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

The Zope3 Rheinland products sprint has come to its end. We haven't
produced any exciting code, especially not for Zope3 core, but if I may
speak for everybody, the learning experience was quite intense.

Instead of using the tutorial chapter 1 slides by ZC, I wrote my own set
of slides. It is adressed to the Zope2 and/or CMF programmer. Thus, it
is more compact at most places because quite a few concepts don't have
to be repeated. I tried to focuses more on the "how", actually saying a
few more words here and there where I expected Zope 2 developers to
stumble whereas it would seem rather logical to do for the "untouched"
pythonic mind.

Still, many parts, above all the examples, are based on ZC's slides, and
obviously I'm not claiming to be genuine here. If you would like to look
at the slides and give me feedback, I'd be more than happy to update
them. Feel free to use them for learning about Zope 3 or teaching your
best friends :)
You may download them in OpenOffice.org format at
http://philikon.de/files/zope3-for-zope2-developers.sxi

Regards,

Philipp